I’ve spent the last week tidying-up Theo’s enormous birthday cake (somebody had to eat all that cake), and my arteries are groaning from all that buttercream so I’m baking healthy again today. Instead of making the same No-No Banana Loaf I tried a few weeks ago, I decided to try to make some fat-free banana muffins instead. There is no added butter, margarine or oil and tonnes of fruit so you can feel virtuous while you (and your family) snack happily on them!
- 2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour (315g)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce (no added sugar)
- 1 cup (120g) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- Pinch of salt
Makes 16 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mash your bananas (I use a potato masher for this) then mix all the other ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- Divide between your muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes
- Once they’re cooked, cool and then scoff the lot!