What’s better than eating sweet English strawberries whilst watching Wimbledon? Eating chocolate-dipped English strawberries, that’s what! With the addition of some Choco-Leibnitz biscuits if you’re feeling particularly piggy!
I don’t really need to give you a recipe for chocolate dipped strawberries, it’s all very simple (just strawberries and melted chocolate). However it IS possible to mess it up so I have got some tips:
- Wash and DRY your strawberries thoroughly. If you dip wet strawberries in your melted chocolate it will seize up and be useless.
- Leave the stalks on your strawberries, this makes the dipping easier. You can always trim the stalks off later once the chocolate is dry
- Dry on silicone or baking paper to avoid sticking
- I used melted dark chocolate, but you could use milk or white chocolate, or all 3 if you want to make your plate look more impressive
- If you like you can also sprinkle nice things onto the melty chocolate: edible gold glitter, chopped nuts, candy sprinkles… Just be sure to do it quickly, the chocolate sets quickly.
- Use your strawberries straight out of the fridge to get maximum chocolate coverage – the chocolate sets quicker (and therefore thicker) if the strawberries are cold.