Having vintage-inspired hair is a really simple way to add a retro twist to any outfit, and it doesn’t have to be difficult to do either. This easy-to-do 1960s beehive literally takes 5 minutes. No backcombing, no padding, just a really easy to do hairstyle! What do you think?
What you will need:
- Bobby pins /hair grips (about 6 is generally enough but it’s always good to have extras)
- Headscarf, Alice-band or hairband
How to do it:
- Spritz the underneath of your hair with hairspray to give some extra volume (sea-salt spray works well too)
- Hang your head upside down and spray a little more hairspray
- Using your fingers pull your hair into a pony tail on the top of your head
- Comb the outside of the pony tail to tidy it up a little
- Stand up again and tuck your pony tail underneath itself (see pic below) and pin into place with the bobby pins. This creates a beehive on top of your head.
- To tidy up tie a scarf around your hair or wear a headband. Pin the scarf into place with extra bobby pins, and you’re done! An easy retro hairstyle which takes 5 minutes and will last all day!
This technique also works for bigger and more extreme beehives, but you will need to do some back-combing then unless you have lots and lots of hair!